Building your character is not just one aspect of becoming successful in life….it’s the MOST important! Whether you are trying to reach a business goal, have better relationships, get your body in shape, get out of debt or grow yourself mentally, emotionally or spiritually; there is one way to ensure success is in your future: Build the Character for Success. In my 5 Diamond Success Training, you learn not only how to set smart goals and map them out, but also how to build the character it takes to achieve it. Here are 5 Character Building Tips from my 5 Diamond Success Strategies: (Including the #1 Trait that if you lack, you can kiss success goodbye)
1. Leave your MARK wherever you go. Mahatma Gandhi once said, “Be the change you want to see in the world.” If you have a desire and the ability to make a difference then you owe it to the world and yourself to make your contribution. If you are a positive, encouraging person, BE that for others. If you are highly intelligent, SHARE your knowledge. If you are funny, make people laugh. Whatever gift you have been blessed with, share it with others and leave your mark.
2. If you lack this trait, you can kiss success goodbye! Many people say fake it till you make it. This works in most cases, such as faking confidence, but there is ONE trait that cannot be faked, and that is INTEGRITY. People can smell insincerity a mile away, and if you aren’t careful, you will repel a lot of people from your life without knowing it. Build this trait and you will not only win the respect of others, but also their trust. In life and business, this will determine your success.
3. Give 100% in everything you do. A famous politician once stated, “No one is born with excellence, it is always earned.” Giving your all, even in those tedious activities, shows the character of someone who is born for success. What do you do when you don’t feel like giving your all? Imagine you are working for your idol. What would you do to impress them with your work? Giving 100% to all tasks, even the small ones, helps prepare you to give 100% when really necessary.
4. Stick to your values. Before I have any of my clients set goals, I first have them establish their top 5 values. Why? Because anytime they question a goal they revert to their value’s chart. If the goal doesn’t align with their values, they re-evaluate it. Why start a relationship with someone in business or personally that asks you to compromise your values. Know what your values are and stand strong in them. If you don’t stick to something, you will fall for anything.
5. Aim to build good character and success will follow. When we set goals, we tend to aim for the materialistic or egotistic outcome. Money, expensive car, big home, new title at work, fame…etc. Those things aren’t bad, but our true goal should be to build the character it takes to acquire those things. That way when we do reach success, we know we will be the type of person who will make a difference to others and not just to ourselves. Focus on this, and success can’t help but follow.
Think about the character you portray on a daily basis. Is it one that people admire and are attracted to, or one that people despised and are repelled from? Work on your character daily, and find traits in others that you enjoy. Be the value you see in others. Make sure you display a character filled with values so that you can sleep well at night, for there is no pillow as soft as a clear conscience.
Come connect with me on FB: http://facebook.com/MeetBetsyAllen
If you enjoyed what you read I’d love to hear your thoughts. Also, please share with others on Facebook and Twitter!